- Why should I add a video to my app page on https://apps.thinkific.com/?
Creating an appealing video for your app listing is a great way to get eyes on your app. Videos efficiently communicate the value of your app, let potential students see your app in action, and encourage people to give your app a try. To create a high-quality video, we recommend that you:
- Keep it short!
- Frontload the value
- Show it in action with Thinkific
- Create a great video thumbnail
In general, we observe that apps with videos in their listings outperform comparable apps that don't have videos. An ideal video is 60 to 90 seconds long; it introduces a Creator pain point, then succinctly shows how your app addresses it. Demonstrate your app working with Thinkific to show how specifically a Thinkific user benefits from using your app. Lastly, create an eye-catching thumbnail image that draws the viewer's attention and makes them want to click.
A few things to avoid when creating an app video:
- Instructions. Your listing video should be about marketing, not support.
- Complexity. Focus on the main benefits. Don't overwhelm with features, or edgecases.
- Preamble. Stay away from lengthy introductions and jump straight to the app's value.
There's no need to break the bank when making your app listing video. Create a script, record a video, find some royalty-free music, and then edit it together. Most of these tools are freely available with a Google search. If you have a Mac you have iMovie, which is sufficient for simple edits. Borrow a microphone, if necessary, to ensure reasonable audio quality.
Learn More About
<Link to Conor's article>